The law firm was founded in 1935 by Dr. Ignaz Brandstetter, the grandfather of Mag. Georg Brandstetter. In those days, the firm was based on the Brandstätte. Nomen est omen, the law firm burned down after being hit by a bomb in 1945 and was subsequently moved to the Bellariastrasse. In 1947, the law firm relocated to the Palais Wilczek in the Herrengasse, where it remains today.
In the summer of 1955, Dr. Ernst Politzer and Dr. Hans Perner joined the firm, which then consisted of three lawyers and a varying number of trainee lawyers until 1973. This made the firm one of the larger law firms in Vienna, by the standard of that time. In 1973, Dr. Ulrich Brandstetter joined the firm and in the summer of 1976, Dr. Hans Perner left. In the autumn of 1977, the founder of the firm, Dr. Ignaz Brandstetter, passed away and the firm was then run by Dr. Ulrich Brandstetter and Dr. Ernst Politzer for almost 20 years, while regularly employing one or two trainee lawyers.
In 1995, Dr. Hans Pritz, who previously ran a law firm in association with Dr. Rössler, joined the firm. In 1996, Dr. Ernst Politzer left the firm at the age of 72, but remains closely associated with the firm to this day. In 1999, Mag. Martin Breunig joined the firm.
In 2004, Mag. Georg Brandstetter joined the firm as a lawyer. In 2007, Hausverwaltung Dr. Brandstetter GmbH was founded as a subsidiary of the law firm, which had already taken on the existing property management of Dr. Maria Brandstetter several decades ago. Since then, the business is run as an independent company.
In December 2011, Dr. Ulrich Brandstetter departed after almost 43 years of working for the firm, which he had joined as a trainee lawyer in 1969. In March 2012, Mag. Dominik Baurecht joined forces with Brandstetter, Pritz & Partner Rechtsanwälte KG to create Brandstetter, Baurecht, Pritz & Partner Rechtsanwälte KG. At the end of 2012, Dr. Hans Pritz left the firm. Since the autumn of 2015, the firm has cooperated with Lavrynovych & Partners, Ukraine's largest law firm.
It is a great pleasure for us to have had the privilege of representing many of our clients for several decades. It makes us proud that two reputable clients have been with us since the early days of the firm in 1935, and continue to place their trust in us. We are very thankful to them. We will continue to serve our clients with everything we have in order that their confidence in us will not be misplaced, now and in the future.